Other revival styles made brief appearances in the West End, adding to both the visual variety and the romanticism of the neighborhood. The most popular of these was the Tudor Revival of the 1910’s and 1920’s. Probably the most classic example of the style is the 1925 Robert S. Tilley House (246). It displays many hallmarks of the style, including stuccoed walls with mock half-timbering, multiple steep clipped gables with overhanging eaves, a second floor overhang, grouped windows, and an entrance porch of matching design. Other prime examples include the large, half-timbered Joseph L. Graham House (118) built around 1910, and the row of three Taylor family houses (180, 181, 182) along W. Fifth Street which were erected in 1916. One of the pivotal buildings in the district, the P. Huber Hanes House (336), is an eclectic adaptation of the style. Built ca. 1915, it is a large two-and-a-half story stuccoed dwelling with a steep truncated hip roof and steeply-pitched front, side, and rear bracketed gables. In typical eclectic manner, the interior of the Hanes House is handsomely detailed in the Colonial Revival style.
National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination (1987)