645 Summit Street
Contributing, ca. 1910
This is the largest example of the few Tudor Revival houses in the West End. The two-story dwelling has “half-timber” and stucco walls, multiple gables with overhanging eaves, grouped twelve-over-one sash windows, and a hip-roofed front porch with heavy square posts, simple brackets, and a plain balustrade. A rear side porch has a sleeping porch above it.
Joseph L. Graham purchased the property in 1909 and built the house shortly thereafter. He was the traffic manager for RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company and was vice-president of the Board of Trade. The Graham family owned and occupied the house until 1943. (TR, CD, SM)
1917 Sanborn Map, page 85 at 645 Summit Street
The Graham house was a featured property on the West End Association Holiday Homes Tour in 2016.