As many of you are aware, the Winston-Salem Forsyth County Board of Education will ask County Commissioners to include a $325 million school bond on the November 2016 ballot. Included in this bond are a replacement for Brunson Elementary at a “location to be determined”, increased capacity at Wiley Middle and replacement of the gym, and pedestrian and bus safety site improvements at Wiley Middle and Reynolds High. Please see http://www.wsfcs.k12.nc.
us/2016bond for more information on specific bond projects.
WSFCS will hold 8 public hearings, the first of which is tonight, to gather input on all the proposed projects. The final proposal will go to County Commissioners in April.
Below are the dates of the public forums. Please attend one or more of these meetings to learn more about the bond proposal and to advocate for our community schools and the neighborhood at large.
- Monday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m. – East Forsyth High School (2500 W. Mountain Street, Kernersville)
- Wednesday, Feb. 17 at noon – Kernersville Elementary School (512 W. Mountain Street, Kernersville)
- Thursday, Feb. 18 at 7 p.m. – Carver High School (3545 Carver School Road, Winston-Salem)
- Monday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m. – Parkland High School (1600 Brewer Road, Winston-Salem)
- Thursday, March 3 at 7:30 p.m. – West Forsyth High School (1735 Lewisville-Clemmons Road, Clemmons)
- Monday, March 7 at 7 p.m. – North Forsyth High School (5705 Shattalon Drive, Winston-Salem)
- Thursday, March 10 at noon – The Downtown School (601 N. Cherry Street, Winston-Salem)
- Monday, March 14 at 7 p.m. – Speas Elementary School (2000 W. Polo Road, Winston-Salem)