340 West End Boulevard
Contributing, ca. 1926
The Patterson-McMahan House is a handsome one-and-a-half-story Craftsman style bungalow with wood shingle siding. The house has a broad gable roof with bracketed eaves, full-length front and rear shed wall dormers, and an engaged front porch with heavy Tuscan columns. The house is complemented by a terraced front yard with a brick retaining wall and corner brick steps.
The property was purchased by Thomas P. Patterson, an employee of Wachovia Bank and Trust Company, in 1925, and the house was built soon thereafter. In 1955 James E. and Helen McMahan purchased the house, which remains in their family ownership. (TR, CD)