252 West End Boulevard
Contributing, ca. 1907
On a hill overlooking the convergence of West End Boulevard and Broad Street is this small vernacular Queen Anne cottage. It is a one-story weatherboarded frame house with a right front projecting bay, wood shingled gables, and a front porch with slender turned posts, sawnwork brackets, and a plain balustrade. The house is a mirror image of 256 West End Boulevard next door (76).
It was owned by Judge Erastus Beverly Jones and his heirs from 1907 to 1978 and was used as rental property. (TR, CD, SH)
1917 Sanborn Map, page 86 at “244” West End