582. Dr. James E. Kerr House (FY 1996)
118 Crafton Street
Contributing, ca. 1917
The Kerr House is an austerely simple foursquare dwelling with a hint of Classical design. The two-story weatherboarded house has a pyramidal roof with a central chimney, overhanging enclosed eaves, nine-over-one sash windows, and a one-story front porch with paneled Tuscan posts and a plain balustrade. A wooden exterior stair has been added to the north side of the house in recent years, but this has not hidden the original appearance of the house.
The 1917 Sanborn lap reveals that the house had been built by that time. In 1919 it was purchased by Dr. James E. Kerr, a physician and surgeon, and by 1921 he and his wife, Eliza, were listed in the city directory at this address. The Kerrs owned the property until 1959. (SM, TR, CD)