573. House (FY 1987)
1521 Jarvis Street
Contributing, ca. late 1920’s
This well-preserved, basic bungalow is a one-story German-sided cottage with a front-facing gable roof with overhanging braced eaves and a wood shingled gable, a side chimney, a French door entrance, and an off-center front porch with gable echoing that of the main roof and Tuscan posts on brick plinths. A stone retaining wall borders the front yard, and steep stone steps lead up the yard to the house.
D.S. Siceloff owned the property from 1924 until 1976, but rented the house. Its style suggests a 1920’s construction date, although the first certain listing in the city directory for this location was not until 1940. (TR, CD)