559. Johnathan A. Creech House (FY 1974)
131 S. Sunset Drive
Contributing, ca. 1920
The Creech House is a near mirror image of the Long-Lloyd House next door (#558). The one-story frame bungalow has a weatherboarded first story, a wood shingled attic story, a broad gable roof with overhanging braced eaves, interior chimneys, a hipped dormer, and a front porch with Tuscan posts on brick plinths and a plain balustrade.
The house was first listed in the city directories in 1921 as the residence of J.P. Whitlow, but in 1925 G. O. Barnhardt was occupying the house. In 1926 John A. and Sarah Creech purchased the property. Creech was a foreman at Hanes Dye and Finishing. The Creech family occupied the house at least through 1950 and retained ownership until 1981. (CD, TR)
Garage, Contributing: Behind the house is a two-car vertical board garage with a shed roof which appears to have been built prior to 1930.