547. Elmer A. Tucker House (FY 1962)
1141 West End Boulevard
This unusual Colonial Revival house is distinguished by its cross-gambrel roof with a gambrel facing each of the four sides and with a pent eave surrounding the house at the base of the gambrels. The one-and-a-half-story weatherboarded dwelling also has two small shed dormers on either side of the front gambrel and a front porch with paneled posts and a plain balustrade.
E.A. Tucker acquired the property in 1915, and the following year he and his wife, Mary, were listed at this location in the city directory. The Tucker family occupied the house at least through 1945, and Frances Tucker Kimball sold it in 1954. (TR, CD, SM)
Garage, Noncontributing:Behind the house is a one-car garage with brick and rusticated block construction, a gable roof, and an undetermined construction date.