510. Abraham Cohn House (FY 1925)
1000-1004 West End Boulevard
This house holds a proud location at the junction of West End Boulevard, Piedmont Avenue, and W. First Street The handsome two-story stuccoed house carries features typical of its period. Among these are a low hip roof with widely overhanging bracketed eaves, hipped dormers, eight-over-one sash windows with louvered wood shutters, and a front porch with tapered stuccoed posts and a stuccoed balustrade.
Abe Cohn listed the property for taxes in 1920, and in 1922 Abraham and Stella Cohn, who owned A. Cohn & Company, jewelers, were listed at this location in the city directory. They owned the house until 1947. (TR, CD)
Garage, Contributing: Behind the house is a one-car stuccoed brick garage with a pyramidal roof which appears to be contemporary with the house.