482. Edmond R. Snyder House (FY 1902)
1225 W. Fourth Street
Contributing, 1920

 
The Snyder House is very similar in form to the Reich House next door (#481). It is a one-and-a-half-story frame bungalow with a broad gable roof with overhanging braced eaves, a matching front dormer, grouped six-over-one sash windows, and an engaged porch across the right two bays of the facade with paneled posts on brick plinths and a plain balustrade.

E. R, Snyder purchased the property in 1920, and in 1921 the house was listed for the first time in the city directories as the residence of Edmond R, and Josephine Snyder. The Snyders occupied the house until the late 1940’s, and retained ownership until the early 1970’s. (TR, CD)

 
Garage, Noncontributing:Behind the house is a hip-roofed, rusticated block, two-car garage of undetermined construction date.