461. W.T. Gray House (FY 1882)
1234 W. Fourth Street
Contributing, ca. 1915
This simple but stately Colonial Revival house is a two-story weatherboarded dwelling with a pyramidal and hip roof with widely overhanging enclosed eaves, a two -bay facade with a slightly projecting left bay, an entrance with sidelights and transom, and a front porch with Tuscan columns and a plain balustrade. Windows are six-over-one sash, and on the south side is an oriel window.
The house was listed in the 1915 and 1918 city directories with a different occupant each time, but in 1918 it was purchased by w. T. and Inez Gray, who lived here through at least 1930 and whose family retained ownership until 1970. W. T. Gray was president of Mutual Cash Stores (CD, TR, SM)