459. Beverly N. Sullivan House (FY 1880)
1218 W. Fourth Street
Contributing, ca. 1918
The Sullivan House is one of the most handsome of the “Dutch” Colonial Revival houses in the West End. It is a two-story frame structure with narrow weatherboard siding and a red tile gambrel roof with a pent eave at each end. Other features include shed dormers, grouped windows, a central entrance with sidelights and transom, and a south side sun room.
Beverly N. Sullivan purchased the property in 1917 but was not listed in the city directories at this location until 1920. In 1970 Sullivan’s wife, Ruth, was still occupying the house, and it remains in family ownership. (TR, CD)
Garage, Contributing: Behind the house is an impressive two-car brick garage with a tin shingle gable roof and a long shed dormer. It appears to predate 1930.