457. Jones-Heath House (FY 1878)
1210 W. Fourth Street
Contributing, ca. 1922
This well-preserved two-story house is one of the most architecturally interesting examples of the “Dutch” Colonial Revival style in the West End. Its primary features include a steep gambrel roof with a front shed dormer, coursed wood shingle siding which sheathes the entire house, and a front porch with groups of slender square posts and a plain balustrade. A low stone retaining wall borders the front yard.
The house was first listed in the city directories in 1923 as the residence of Edward R. and Minnie McCuiston, but by the following year new owners Dr. Beverly N. and Jeans. Jones were listed at this location. They sold the house in 1930, and in 1934 it was purchased by Carlos Wood Heath. His family owned and occupied the house until 1971. (CD, TR)