450. Mooney-Moore House (FY 1872)
1410 W. First Street
Contributing, ca. 1920
This one-story bungalow is similar in form to the house at 134 N. Sunset Drive (409). The stuccoed house features a hip roof with a central chimney, a front shed dormer, nine-over-one sash windows, and a front porch with a combination of square stuccoed corner posts and tapered wood posts on stuccoed plinths. The porch extends beyond the house on the east side to form a porte-cochere.
This house may be the one shown on the 1917 Sanborn Hap, but the first tax listing was in 1920 for W. L. Mooney, and the first listing in the city directories for Mooney at this location was in 1923. The Mooney’s lived here until 1936, and the following year John A. and Virgina Moore were occupying the house. The Moore’s resided here until at least 1970 and held ownership until 1979. (TR, CD)