441. Nathan Harris House (FY 1863)
1326 W. First Street
This simple but handsome bungalow is a one-and-a-half-story stuccoed dwelling with a steep gable roof, which is “sliced off” in the rear, a front shed dormer, and an engaged porch with arched openings. These have been recently enclosed with glass, and a deck has been added to the southeast corner of the house, but these changes have had little adverse effect on the overall architectural character of the house.
Nathan Harris purchased the property in 1924, and by the following year he and his wife, Hannah, were listed at this location in the city directory. The Harris’s sold the house in 1946, and subsequently it has had numerous owners. (TR, CD)