4. J.W. Yokely House (FY 1525)
705 Chatham Rd.
The Yokely House is a two-story frame dwelling which retains its original Colonial Revival appearance. Its simple but formal exterior is characterized by a symmetrical three-bay facade, a low hip roof with a small wood shingled gable in front, and a hip-roofed front porch with chaste Tuscan columns and a plain balustrade.
J. William Yokely, a farmer, and his wife, Joyce, were the original owners of the house and occupied it for more than twenty years. (SH, TR, CD)