347. Parkview Apartments (FY 1790)
1416 Glade Street
Contributing, ca. 1927
This two-story brick veneer apartment building contributes to the architectural character of the West End with its simply but handsomely designed Colonial Revival detailing. It features a hip roof, a front hipped .dormer, a symmetrical three-bay facade with slightly projecting center bay and corner pilasters, and a central entrance with a quoined surround and an ironwork balustraded balcony.
Standard Home Company Inc. purchased the property in 1927 and the following year sold it to Charles T. and Mabel Ross, who named the building the Betsy Ross Apartments. By 1940, the name had changed to Parkview Apartments. There have been numerous owners. (TR, CD)
Garage, Noncontributing:Behind the building is a six-car cinderblock garage with a flat roof, which appears to have been built after 1950.