333. J. Harold Early House (FY 1779)
1408 Clover Street
Contributing, 1914

 
This large two-story frame house is a generously proportioned dwelling of simple Colonial Revival design. It features a gable roof, weatherboard siding, paired nine-over-one and six-over-one sash windows, a glass and wood paneled entrance with sidelights, and a facade porch with paneled Classical posts, a plain balustrade, and a balustraded upper deck.

 

J. Harold Early listed the property for taxes in 1913 and by 1915 was listed in the city directory as living on Clover Street He was a clerk at Huntley-Hill-Stockton Company but by mid-century had become president of the Morris-Early Company, a furniture dealer. The Early family sold the property in 1979. (TR, CD, SH)