328. Otto E. Liipfert House (FY 1774)
1315 Clover Street
Contributing, ca. 1915
This simple but dignified house is a two-story weatherboarded frame structure with a truncated hip roof, overhanging eaves with exposed rafter ends, a shed dormer, and plain left front and right side porches with the same hipped roof and exposed rafter ends as seen on the main body of the house. The scale, materials, and Craftsman style influences of the house make it a contributing part of the architectural character of the West End.
The house was built for Otto E. Liipfert, an employee of Virginia-Carolina Chemical Company The Liipfert family occupied the house until at least the 1950’s and still owns the property. (TR, CD, SH)