326. William H. Taylor, Jr. House (FY 1772)
1309 Clover Street
The Taylor House is a simple but well preserved one-story weatherboarded bungalow with a gable roof, overhanging eaves with triangular braces, and a gabled porch with heavy brick corner posts across the left half of the facade. The property was purchased by w. M. Taylor, Jr. and his wife, Sarah, in December 1924, and the following year they were listed in the city directory at this location. Taylor was associated with both the Taylor Drug Company and the Fairview Drug Company The house remained the Taylor residence until 1955. (TR, CD)
Garage, Noncontributing:At the rear of the house is a two-car vertical board frame garage with a gabled roof which appears to have been built after 1930. It is shared with 1311 Clover Street (11327).