256. Thomas-Lambert House (FY 1713)
922 Carolina Avenue
Contributing, ca. 1920
This Craftsman house is a small two-story frame dwelling with a weatherboarded first story, a wood shingled second story, a street-facing gable roof with overhanging braced eaves, an offset corner porch with tapered wood posts set on brick plinths with a ramped brick balustrade, and a NE side gable wing.
Like 920 Carolina Avenue next door, this house was owned for years by the Gilmer C. Thomas family, but whether they actually resided here is uncertain. In 1946 the house was sold to Critz and H. B. Lambert, and they did occupy the house, He was a physician with the Veterans Administration. The Lamberts owned the property until 1972. (SH, TR, CD)