255. House (FY 1712)
920 Carolina Avenue
Contributing, ca. 1917
This one-and-a-half-story frame bungalow has a weatherboarded first story, a wood shingled upper story, a broad gable roof with braced eaves, and a right front gabled dormer. The asymmetrical form of the house includes an offset front porch with groups of square posts set on brick plinths and a plain balustrade. The house is complemented by a granite retaining wall and granite front yard steps.
From 1916 to 1964 the property was owned by the Gilmer C. Thomas family but was used for rental purposes. (SH, TR, CD)