187 West End Boulevard
Contributing, ca. 1920
The Brown House is a simple but boldly detailed Colonial Revival dwelling. The two-story weatherboarded frame house is distinguished by its gable roof with wood-shingled, pedimented gable ends, its two-story center bay portico with wood-shingled pedimented gable and square Classical posts, and its two-story bay window to the right of the portico.
Lewis F. Brown, chief engineer at R.J. Reynolds Tobacco, was the original owner-occupant. His family held the property from 1919 to 1937. (TR, CD)
Storage building, Contributing: The small weatherboarded frame storage building with wood shingled gables matching those of the house appears to be contemporary with it.