238. Josephus C. Lasley House (FY 1698)
521 Jersey Avenue
Contributing, ca. 1921
This simple, but handsome, bungalow is typical in form of many bungalows in the West End. It is a one-and-a-half-story weatherboarded frame house with a broad gable roof with overhanging eaves, a front shed dormer with casement windows, and an engaged front porch with square posts. The central entrance is flanked by large three-part windows.
Josephus C. Lasley, who was secretary of the Yerkes Chemical Company and the Owens Drug Company, purchased this property in 1920, and by 1922 he and his wife, Dora, were listed at this location in the city directory. They owned the house until 1966. (TR, CD, SH)