218. Herbert F. Hunt House (FY 1678)
718 Manly Street
Contributing, ca. 1923
The Hunt House is very similar in form to the Hubbard House at 710 Manly Street (#216). It is a two-story stuccoed house with right front and left side gables, the east slope of the side gable sweeping low over the front of the house to form a wall dormer and to shelter the engaged front porch. Contrasting brickwork forms a string course between floors and borders the lunette windows in the gables.
Herbert F. Hunt, a physician, and his wife, Helen, purchased the property in 1922 and built the house as their residence shortly thereafter. The Hunts sold the house in 1930, and since then it has had a series of owners. (TR, CD, SH)