206. Byrd-Justice House (FY 1667)
833 Sixth Street
Contributing, ca. 1909
This one-and-a-half-story frame Shingle style house complements while not copying the Shingle style Hinshaw House (#205) next door. It has a clipped gable roof, a front hipped dormer, an exterior front chimney, and a left front porch with openings forming a shingled arcade.
The house was first listed in the 1910 city directory, when carpenter Henry D. Byrd and his wife, Martha, lived here. In 1923 Hrs. Alice Bearden Justice purchased the property, and various members of the Justice family occupied the house. Hrs. Justice retained ownership until 1943. (CD, TR, SM)
Garage, Noncontributing:Behind the house is a one-car cinderblock garage with a gable roof which appears to date from the mid-twentieth century.