1409 Pilot View Street
The Sanborn Maps suggest that this house began as a one-story stuccoed dwelling. However, probably in the 1920’s, it was enlarged to its present two-story appearance. The Craftsman style dwelling has a stuccoed first story, a coursed wood shingle second story, a pyramidal roof, and front porch with a broad gable roof and square posts set on brick plinths.
Chalmers R Call, an employee of Piedmont Furniture Company, purchased the property in 1918, and he and his wife, Nina, lived here for years. They sold the house in 1950. The Piedmont Furniture Company was a tenant from 1924-1950 at the circa 1920 building at 629-633 Trade Street (reference) and appears to have operated on Liberty Street before that time.
Winston-Salem Journal November 20, 1904, p. 8