157 West End Boulevard
Contributing, ca. 1927
The King House is a straightforward, two-story frame, four-square house tied to the architectural character of the district by its scale, use of materials, and simple Craftsman detailing. The weatherboarded dwelling is characterized by a low pyramidal roof with widely overhanging bracketed eaves, paired bungalow windows, and a front porch with tapered wood posts on brick plinths and a heavy plain balustrade.
First owner-occupant Jeff D. King was a tobacco buyer. (SM, TR, CD)