1017 W. Fifth Street
Contributing, ca. 1920
This well-preserved bungalow is a one-and-a-half-story frame structure with a weatherboarded first story, a wood shingled upper story, a very broad gable roof with overhanging braced eaves and a front shed dormer, and an engaged front porch with grouped paneled posts and a lattice-like balustrade.
George C Tutt, Jr., a car salesman, purchased the property in 1919 and probably built the house the following year to replace an earlier one-story house of irregular configuration on the site. By 1921 he and his wife, Maude, were listed in the city directory at this location. They retained ownership until 1965. (SN, TR, CD)