927 W. Fifth Street
The well-preserved Mickle House is a typical late Victorian cottage. It is a one-story weatherboarded frame house with wood shingled gables, a slightly projecting right front bay, and a decorative front porch with the ubiquitous turned posts, sawnwork brackets, and turned balustrade. A handsome double-leaf paneled entrance with transom leads to a surprisingly elegant interior with high ceilings, a beaded board wainscot, and sophisticated late Victorian mantels.
The property was acquired by bookkeeper Andrew D. Hickle in 1892, and by the 1894/95 city directory the Mickles were listed at this location. Hickle heirs retained ownership of the house until 1983, (TR, CD, SH)
1912 Sanborn Map, p. 34 at 927 Fifth Street