868-870 W. Fourth Street
Contributing, ca. 1924
This well-preserved two-story pebbledash duplex shows influences of both the Colonial Revival and Craftsman styles, as do many of the houses of the period in the West End. It has a low hip roof with a bracketed cornice, a hipped dormer, six-over-one sash windows, and two front entrance porches, each with Tuscan columns, a bracketed cornice, and an unusual balustrade with balusters varying in width.
Like the next two buildings to the east, this one was constructed as rental property by the children and heirs of real estate investor Frank Miller. They retained ownership until 1971. (TR, CD)