860-862 W. Fourth Street
Contributing, ca. 1924
This eclectic Colonial Revival structure incorporates simple but handsome design. It is a two-story building with a low gable roof, whose details — Classical dentiled cornice, nine-over-one sash windows, Craftsman window boxes, and hooded entrance — stand out against the smooth stuccoed walls.
Like the next two buildings to the west, this one was built as rental property by the children of prominent real estate investor Frank Miller. They had inherited the property from their father and retained ownership until 1971. The building has held a variety of tenants through the years. (TR, CD)