724 Summit Street
Contributing, ca. 1922
The Scott House is a neat one-and-a-half-story bungalow with stuccoed walls, a broad gable roof with overhanging eaves, and small projecting bays on either side. The broad gabled front porch features paneled wood posts set on stuccoed plinths and a stuccoed balustrade. The handsome Craftsman front door suggests the stylistic detailing of the interior.
According to the Sanborn Maps, the house was built between 1917-1924, but the first tax listing was for J. Transou Scott in 1926. He and his wife, Margaret, occupied the house, which remained in their family until 1978. (SM, TR, CD)