623 Summit Street
Contributing, ca. 1916
This two-story frame Colonial Revival house is nearly identical to its next-door neighbor, 631 Summit Street (115). It is characterized by a central hip roof with intersecting front and side gables, a narrow facade with a slightly projecting left bay, and a hip-roofed facade porch with Tuscan columns and a plain balustrade. Although the house has been aluminum sided since mid-century, it still conveys through form and detail a strong sense of its original appearance.
During approximately the first decade of its history, the house was occupied by Charles F., Alden B. and Byron A. Penry and their wives. Since 1928 the house has had numerous owners. (CD, TR, SH)
1917 Sanborn Map, page 85 at 623 Summit