Between 1001 & 1101 W. Fourth Street
Contributing, circa 1910
This handsome brick outbuilding was originally associated with the circa 1910 Hanes-Hill house which was torn down around 1950 (or perhaps in 1963). It appears to have originally been a carriage house and later a garage. It now been converted for use by the law firm that owns the property. The southeast side of the building, which faces Fourth Street, is one-and-a-half stories with a central gable intersecting the steep slate-covered hip roof. The large doorways have been infilled with brick. Because of the steep slope of the land, the northwest, or Glade Street side of the building is a full two-stories.
See also inventory item 364.