812 N. Spring Street
Contributing, ca. 1920’s
This one-story frame house is typical of some of the more simple bungalows built during the 1910’s and 1920’s. It features a broad gable roof with its gable end facing the street, paired or tripled six-over-one sash windows, and a hip-roofed front porch with square Classical posts and a plain balustrade. In recent years the house has been sheathed with aluminum siding, but this has not seriously affected its overall integrity.
The house was probably built as a rental dwelling by Norman P. Stone, who owned the property from 1917 to 1948. He never lived here, however, but did live for several years up the hill at what is now 195 West End Boulevard (26). Since 1955 the house has been owned by the Dewey H. Greer family. (TR, CD, SH)