502. Lambe House (FY 1918)
136 Piedmont Avenue
This simple Colonial Revival dwelling is characterized by a roof that is an unusual combination of gable and hip. The two-story frame house has a hip-roofed dormer, a three-bay facade with a central glass and wood paneled entrance with sidelights and transom, and a hip-roofed facade porch with Tuscan posts and a plain balustrade. Although the house has been sheathed in recent years with vinyl siding and a wood stair has been attached to the north side, the original form and detail prevail.
In 1917 the property was first listed for taxes under the will of Parlamond R. Lamb, and the following year Marion Lambe, his widow, and Robert H. Lamb were listed at this location in the city directory. The Lambes occupied the house until the 1940’s, selling it in 1949, (TR, CD, SH)