468. Boyles-Daye House (FY 1889)
1264 W. Fourth Street
Contributing, ca. 1916
The Colonial Revival design of this house is elegant in its simplicity. It is a large two-story stuccoed house with a hip roof, hipped dormers, a symmetrical three bay facade with one-over-one and six-over-one sash windows and a sidelighted entrance, and a front porch with paneled posts, a plain balustrade, and a central pedimented entrance bay.
The house was first listed in the 1916 city directory as the residence of D. R. and Edna Boyles, and they continued to live here through the early 1920’s, He was president of Boyles Brothers Company, men’s furnishings. In 1926 Charles Daye, a clerk at The Sweet Shop, and his wife, Cora, purchased the property, and the Daye family occupied the house until selling it in 1982, (CD, TR, SM)