385. Samuel Kretzmer House (FY 1814)
926 West End Boulevard
Contributing, ca. 1918
The Kretzmer House is a little-altered bungalow typical of the 1910’s and 1920’s. It is a one-and-a-half-story stuccoed house with a broad gable roof with overhanging eaves, an off-center gable end chimney, Craftsman style windows and front door, and a gabled front porch with square wood posts set on stuccoed plinths connected by a stuccoed balustrade. Stone front steps lead to the terraced front lawn with its low stone retaining wall.
Samuel and Sarah Kretzmer were listed at this location in the city directories in 1918 and again from the late 1920’s through the 1930’s. Tax records show that they owned the property from 1925 to 1944. From 1946 to 1963 the house was the residence of Frank L. and Alma B. Cunningham. (CD, TR)