384. Frank P. Davis House (FY 1813)
922 West End Boulevard
Contributing, ca. 1917
The Davis House is a handsome bungalow typical of many built in the West End during the 1910’s and 1920’s. The one-and-a-half-story (almost two-story)house has a pebbledash first story, a wood shingle upper story and front dormer, and a broad gable roof with overhanging braced eaves which sweeps low in front to cover the front porch with its battered brick posts and plain balustrade.
What appears to be the same house is shown on the 1917 Sanborn Hap, but the first tax listing is for F. P. Davis in 1922, In 1923 Frank P. and Ellye Davis were listed in the city directory at this location. The house remains in Davis family ownership and occupancy. (SH, TR, CD)