325. Crawford House (FY 1771)
1305 Clover Street
The Crawford House is a two-story weatherboarded dwelling of Colonial Revival design with an unusual narrow but deep configuration. The front section of the house has a front-facing wood shingled gable with a Palladian window, while the rear of the house has a pyramidal roof. Other exterior features include a double-leaf entrance and a wrap-around porch with Roman Doric columns and a plain balustrade. The interior features a side hall with a high beaded board wainscot, a tall Colonial Revival mantel, and a stair at the rear.
Mrs. Hallie C. Crawford purchased the property in 1909, and the following year she and her husband, grocer Robert B. Crawford, were listed in the city directory at this location. The house remained the Crawford residence until 1971. (TR, CD, SM)
Garage, Contributing: Next to the house is a one-car board-and-batten garage with a hip roof which appears to pre-date 1930.