248. Sharp-Connell House (FY 1705)
831 Carolina Avenue
The Sharp-Connell House is a classic bungalow typical of many of those built in the 1910’s and 1920’s. The one-and-a-half story frame dwelling has a weatherboarded first story and a wood shingled second story, a broad gable roof with overhanging braced eaves and a matching front dormer, and a broad gabled front porch with tapered wood posts on brick plinths with a plain balustrade.
The first owner-occupants were Harry G. and Beulah Sharp, who owned the property from 1923 to 1945. He was secretary-treasurer of the C. C. Sharp Company, a wholesale produce business. Since 1946 the house has been owned and occupied by the Clifford c. and Callie B. Connell family. (TR, CD, SM)
Garage, Noncontributing. Behind the house, and shared by 835 Carolina Avenue (#249), is a four-car cinderblock garage with a gable roof which appears to have built post 1930.