213. Walker-Law House (FY 1673)
713 Manly Street
Contributing, ca. 1922
The Tudor Revival style Walker-Law House adds visual variety to the Manly Street streetscape. It is a two-story stuccoed house with a left front projecting wing and a steep gabled roof which sweeps low with “half-timbered” detailing to cover the entrance, sun, and rear porches.
The first listing in the city directories for this property was in 1923, when it was the residence of Benjamin B. and Mary Walker. He worked for the M. A. Walker Company, a brick manufacturing firm. From 1926 to 1943 the property changed hands four times, but in 1943 it was purchased by David M. and Elizabeth B. Law, and it has remained in Law family ownership. (CD, TR, SM)
Garage, Contributing: Behind the house is a one-car stuccoed garage with a gable roof which appears to have been built at the same time as the house or soon thereafter.