634 Summit Street
The Bembry L. Sharp House is a typical late Victorian-Colonial Revival frame cottage. The one-story house is characterized by irregular massing, a central hip roof with front and side pedimented gables, and a small pedimented dormer. The front porch features Tuscan columns and a plain balustrade. In the 1970’s, the house was sided with aluminum, but this has had little effect on its overall architectural integrity.
Bembry L. Sharp, secretary-treasurer of the Hancock Grocery Company, purchased the property in 1913, and by 1915 he and his wife, Lena, were listed at this address. The Sharp family retained ownership until 1960. (TR, CD, SH)
Behind the house is a contributing two-car weatherboarded frame garage which appears to have been built prior to 1930.
1917 Sanborn Map, p 85 at 634 Summit