119 West End Boulevard
Contributing, ca. 1916
The Messick House is representative of some of the smaller dwellings built in the West End during the first two decades of the twentieth century. The one-story weatherboarded frame cottage reflects stylistic elements of the transitional late Victorian-Colonial Revival period in its asymmetrical form, central hip roof with front and side gables, and wrap-around porch with Tuscan columns.
The Leonard J. Messick family occupied the house for more than fifty years after purchasing it in 1919. Messick operated a wholesale feed business. (SH, TR, CD)
1917 Sanborn Map, page 86 at “95” West End